MILESTONES IN THE HISTORY OF THE PIKES PEAK CHURCH OF CHRIST
1920 Small group begins meeting at the Women’s Christian Temperance Union Hall in the 2500 Block of Colorado Avenue; soon this group constructed the congregation’s first facilities at 1917 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
1938 The church outgrows the facilities and purchases the property at our current location
1943 The worship assembly numbers nearly 300 and ministers to soldiers at Fort Carson and Peterson Field
1961 Congregation begins supporting mission work in Spain
1962-1965 The church’s facilities are remodeled
|Today’s Church Building|
1964 We begin support of the New Mexico Navajo Missions; that support continues today!
1968 The church begins supporting the Mountain States Children’s Home
1973 Congregation begins supporting mission works in India
1998 Fifteen members begin teaching World Bible School, placing the gospel in the hands of over 20,000 people in 15 years
Gospel Preachers who have served the Pikes Peak church of Christ
|Crews, Evans, Spears, Atcheson and Waldrun,||1920-1933|
|Felix Tarbert,||1934, 1950|
In the not-too-distant future, our congregation will have a bird’s eye view of Pike’s Peak! On June 26, 2011, the Pikes Peak Church of Christ membership voted unanimously to purchase nearly 4-1/2 acres of land in the “Centennial Corridor” for the future home of the congregation.
The church site and the surrounding development sites represent the largest undeveloped tract of land in central Colorado Springs. Development of this “Centennial Corridor” will eventually include a large VA treatment center (currently under construction), businesses related to the VA center, multi- and single-family residences and commercial businesses.